Celebrating its 3rd Annual metal roofing challenges to be held at Metalcon October 26 and 27 in Baltimore, MD, the MCA Metal Roofing Championship Games Task Force has finalized event details.
This year, there will be five challenges each day under the appropriately named theme; “Battle Stars Over Baltimore” in recognition of our Star Spangled Banner birthplace. Each day, 5 teams with 2 contestants each will compete to split a $500 cash award in each of the challenges, or $2,500 total each day. In addition to these cash awards, there will be a Grand Prize each day of $500 to the team that has accumulated the most points collectively from the 5 challenges. This represents a total of $6,000 being award over the course of the two-day competition.
The Challenges with each of their sponsoring MCA Members are described as follows:
1. The Triangle Fastener Corporation “Screw Gun Challenge”, where contestants will install a series of self-drilling fasteners into a structural zee-shaped purlin member. Fastest time, alignment and properly seated fasteners will determine the winning team.
2. The Roof Hugger, Inc. “Hug A Roof Challenge”, where contestants will install 40 lineal feet of factory-notched zee-shaped sub-purlins on a mock-up existing ribbed metal roof paneled frame. Fastest time, properly seated fasteners and sub-purlin alignment will determine the winning team.
3. The New Tech Machinery with Drexel Metals “Standing Seam Challenge”, where contestants will install 6 each 16-inch wide metal roof panels over the factory-notched sub-purlins. Fastest time, correct clip attachment and properly seated panel seams will determine the winning team.
4. The D.I. Roof Seamers “Seam It Up Challenge”, where contestants will operate a standing seam roof seamer over the 16-inch wide metal roof panel seams. Fastest time and properly seamed panels will determine the winning team.
5. The S-5! “Let it Snow Challenge”, where contestants will install S-5! ColorGard® snow retention onto the 16-inch metal roof panels. Fastest time, properly seated fasteners and ColorGard® alignment will determine the winning team.
Judging will be provided by: The Metal Building Contractors and Erectors Association (MBCEA).
$500 Game Challenge Award Sponsors are as follows:
- AKZO Nobel
- ATAS International
- Atlas Bolt & Screw
- Bradbury Co., Inc.
- Chicago Metal Supply
- Englert Inc.
- NovaFlex/Novagard Solutions, Inc.
- Petersen Aluminum/PAC Clad
- SFS Intec
If interested in signing up your team to compete in the competition, contact any of the Sponsoring MCA Members as follows:
1. Triangle Fastener Corp, Randy Allen at email@example.com
2. Roof Hugger, Inc., Mark James at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. New Tech Machinery with Drexel Metal, John DeBerard at email@example.com
4. D.I. Roof Seamers, Jonathan Rider at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. S-5!, Shawn Haddock at email@example.com
Other questions about the Games can be directed to Mark James at 214-213-1070