By Cathy Szmurlo, Metal Construction Association
Several members of the Metal Construction Association, which consists of manufacturers and suppliers of metal roof and wall components, have jumped on the blogging band wagon. By adding their input on products, projects, industry issues and current events to the blogosphere, these companies are providing a valuable resource to architects and building owners. We hope you’ll check out these members’ blogs for additional insights, and add them to your reading list:
- Alpolic Mitsubishi Plastics Composites America – Descriptions of company case studies, news and projects as well as views on compelling metal architecture, design and sustainability projects.
- American Iron and Steel Institute – Institute news and viewpoints on national and international issues affecting the steel industry.
- Classic Metal Roofing Systems – Issues and benefits regarding metal roofing for residential building projects.
- Copper Development Association – News and views regarding the use of copper in specific industry categories, including building construction.
- Drexel Metals — Photos and videos along with viewpoints on company metal roofing products and projects.
- Englert – Metal roof and wall panel project commentary and insight on industry issues.
- Kingspan – News and winning entries for Generation Kingspan™ Student Architectural Competition – a competition for students of architecture.
- MBCI – Insights on metal roofing and wall issues such as the green movement, LEED, solar roofing and PV.
- Metal Construction News – Industry news and views from publication staff.
- Metalforming USA – Company and industry news from architectural machinery manufacturer.
- Metalmag – Metal construction industry viewpoints from online magazine.
- Miller Clapperton – Company, project and business opinion from this MCM fabricator.
- Petersen Aluminum – Descriptive project articles and photos on a variety of company metal roofing projects.
- Rigid Global Buildings – Company news and events from this metal building, roof and wall panel manufacturer.